[mythtv-users] PVR 350 vs PVR 250?

Paul Kidwell tmb at ieee.org
Wed Sep 1 11:30:31 EDT 2004

I'm running with one of each right now. I was having all kinds of
trouble getting the TV-Out to work on the '350, so I punted and picked
up a TView Micro and just use the motherboard's on-board vga output to
drive my TV. I was actually going to get another PVR 250 for my Myth box
and move the '350 to another (non-MythTV) machine, but I'm using the IR
remote on the '350. The PVR250's I have don't have the remote input on
them, so rather than disturb a working system I just left the '350 in
and just don't use the TV-Out.

The TView Micro has it's own issues, but the WAF is so high right now
that I don't want to do anything to mess it up!

(I'll re-visit the '350s TV-Out at some point, but for right now I'll
just enjoy the ride :)

Paul Kidwell
VP of R & D
Preferred Engineering