[mythtv-users] Stutter with a P3 933Mhz! Gezzz - more STUTTER!

Steven Christall steve.c at clear.net.nz
Wed Sep 1 10:24:02 EDT 2004

John,

You keep concentrating on your CPU .....  Is the CPU fully pegged when
you get the stutter?  Does the CPU load then drop if you  pause /
unpause?  Check vmstat to see if you are paging frantically?  I playback
on a PCI TNT2, using the latest NVidea driver with a P800 and cpu is
running 40-50% at 720x5xx.  What exactly is this "old nvidia" card?!
What is the m/b  Is it VIA chipset?  Have you checked the bios to see if
both caches on the CPU are enabled (even better reset the bios to
defaults to troubleshoot)

Best
Steve