[mythtv-users] creating a custom channel lineup?

Mark Kundinger mkundinger at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 31 21:59:54 UTC 2004

I'm considering building a MythTV box, but the cable television service
in my apartment is, frankly, retarded.  The channel lineup doesn't
correspond to any of the cable or satellite companies in town.

Is it possible to do some manual remapping of stations from the
listings I'd download from Zap2it (e.g. "TBS is really channel 50, PBS
is really channel 15")?  If I do this sort of remapping, will it
survive each time I download updated listings?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm not going to buy hardware to
build the box if I can't get a solution to this problem.

thanks,
Mark