[mythtv-users] Controller User Interface question

Courtland Jones courtland.jones at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 11:39:21 UTC 2004

Is it possible to use a joystick ( /dev/js* ) device to control
MythTV? There are some cool RF controllers out there that you could
concievably configure to the typical MythTV functions & navigation.
The cross button for up, down, left & right, X for select, Triangle
for escaping, and so on.  I really like my Logitech Cordless Action
controller for PS2, and I even have it working through a Soyo KIKY USB
adapter. It'd be sweet to use it as a remote, similar to how the PS2
uses its controllers as DVD remotes.

Is it within the realm of possibility to configure MythTV for this, or
to reroute /dev/js0 to something that lirc would understand...  or is
this a feature that would have to be built-in to MythTV?  I've been
reading a million questions about joysticks that are all about
Mythgame, and that is somewhat less of an issue for me.

Just curious (and hopeful)!
--
-Courtland Jones
courtland.jones at gmail.com