[mythtv-users] Re: Zap2it - hoting zap's data on another server to lessen the load?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Oct 30 20:16:07 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 01:04:53PM -0400, Art Morales wrote:

> I think the whole point is not the load on their servers, but the
> abuse of the commercial apps on their service per se.  They are
> entitled to make money when someone sells a product (even if it is
> mythtv based) that uses their service...

Bah.  Nobody is "etitled to make money".  They should be
_allowed_ to make money if they can figure out a way to get
people to pay for listings (or for a way to sell data or
whatever).

> Their approach is commendable to the community, and it is
> annoying that commercial services

What commercial services?

> are exploiting it (even if it is because of ignorance...
> hopefully this letter clarifies it.)

If somebody is reselling listing data in violation of the
subscription agreement, then that is wrong.

I don't see what is wrong with selling computers that come with
Myth installed. Why does it matter who installed Myth on your
box as long as you abide by the TMS subscription agreement?

--
Grant