[mythtv-users] issues running x on PVR350 tv-out

Evan Burrows eburrows at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 22:39:27 UTC 2004

got a question for you guys..

I followed Jarod's guide and finally got X running on my PVR350 tvout.
 Unfortunately though it is blown up to big so i can't see everything.
 How do i change the resolution or change some settings to get it to
fit better?

I am using NTSC and used the following commands from Jarods guide
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0x3000
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 8
# /usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=720,height=480

Is this what sets the size of X on my tv? (It is a 27 inch if it makes
a difference) Also is it normal for x to run extremely slow?
Mythfrontend and live tv look to be fine in terms of size and speed.

Any help would be appreciated
thanks,
Evan