[mythtv-users] Remote front-end questions

Russ Dill russ.dill at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 21:35:23 UTC 2004

I just started with mythtv, but I run a semparon 2200+ backend, and I
have a via epia m frontend:

http://www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_m_spec.jsp?motherboardId=81

the 600MHz eden is fast enough to decode mpeg4, but does not decode
rtjpeg (keeps getting prebuffering pause, reading this mailing list, I
think it might be related to 2.6.8). It is also fast enough to play my
divx4 collection, as well as DVD's. The case I currently have does
have a small power supply fan, and I'm using a harddrive, however,
cases are available with internal dc power supplies, and no fans. Run
these NFS root or on some sort of flash, and you'd have a noiseless
frontend:

http://www.idotpc.com/TheStore/Desktop/732Spec.asp?Product.id=732&Cate.id=19