[mythtv-users] sound popping in sync with wireless card

Micah Wedemeyer fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net
Fri Oct 29 19:12:41 UTC 2004

Hi,

I get audible pops when watching anything (live TV, recordings, DVDs) on my
MythTV box.  I noticed that the pops occur in sync with a flashing yellow
light on my PCMCIA wireless card (Netgear WG511).  I know it's not part of the
original recording, since if I remove the wireless card, the popping stops.

My guess is that the interference from the wireless card is adding noise to
the sound cable.  I am using a 3.5mm to RCA Y-adapter to send the sound from
my computer to the TV.

Does this sound correct?  Would a shielded cable make a difference?  I just
wanted to check before I went out and spend $$ on a heavily shielded adapter.

Thanks,
Micah