[mythtv-users] AverMedia DVB-T 771, FC2, Australia - Do I need to recompile the kernel

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 22:57:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

Well, I am trying my hardest to get Myth to work and have been
following Jarods guide to the letter (I think).  I have had a couple
of nights with just a few hours sleep and now I fall asleep during the
day for no reason but I will not quit!!!

I haven't been able to get the DVB-T 771 model to work yet at all.  I
now get errors that either the video0 device is not available or the
resource is busy.

When I have tried xawtv, I get nothing but blue showing up all the
time.  I then tried the program to find the confiuration parameters
but again, I just got 72 blue screens.

When searching around, I see that some people have said they need to
recompile the kernel to get it to work properly.  I really don't want
to do that being such a newbie so I was wandering whether there is a
step I have missed.

Also:
- Does anybody know what channel I could find some Digital TV on for Brisbane?
- I don't need the ivtv modules for the 771 do I?
- What is this about 'loading modules'?  Is that done by adding stuff
to your modprobe.conf file?

Thanks for your help guys.  I know I have hammered the list a bit of
late, but I am pretty keen to see this working.

Dave

--
GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH