[mythtv-users] MythRecommend module, gathering stage... [was: Collaborative recommended viewing revisited...]

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Thu Oct 28 21:18:20 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 14:24 -0500, Josh Burks wrote:
> You know, I've started on something similar, called MythStats.
> Currenty I'm the only one submitting the records, but the webpage is
> about 75% complete, so you can see what's been recorded. There's a
> perl script that takes records from the oldrecording table, check to
> see if it's been sent, and submits the data to the site.
>
> Once enough data was collected, a "recommend" feature was planned, but
> never implemented.
>
> My site as well can be anon (for those scared of "Big Brother"), or
> you can pick a id of your choice.
>
> http://theburks.hopto.org/~joshb

Cool, my idea was basically to tackle this from the opposite end as you.
Get the recommendations working well, and people using it, then add an
_optional_ flag to submit "extended" data (oldrecordings and such) to
gather further statistics to aid the recommendations, and just for the
"Cool Factor" as well maybe.

Would be interesting to see how many hours of recordings, and which
programs/categories MythTV users in general prefer.

Perhaps we should combine our efforts?