[mythtv-users] Can MythTV record at a lower frame rate?

Frank Baylee fb99999 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 18:52:13 UTC 2004

I'm considering putting together a MythTV box to record CCTV, as well as
broadcast video. Can MythTV record certain channels (in this case, a security
cam) at a lower frame rate in order to conserve disk space? In other words,
instead of recording at 30 fps, could it record at 10 fps, and thereby reduce
disk usage accordingly?

If this is not possible, is it possible to transcode recordings after
recording is complete to achieve the same effect? Any thoughts or
recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
Frank