[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt (again)

Peter Guthrie peter at unixplanet.co.uk
Thu Oct 28 18:38:43 UTC 2004

Seems like this is a continual challenge from a quick search of the
archives.

Initially I was getting nowhere with downloading the schedules; inside
mythtvsetup (all my channels are setup and working fine viewing livetv)
it would go straight to 50% and hang; outside of myth, running
tv_grab_uk_rt --configure would crash with a scripting error when
running with the --configure flag.

I checked the archives and found that populating
~/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf would help. Sure enough, now when I run
tv_grab_uk_rt outside of myth I can see the schedules downloading to
standard output.

The problem is, inside mythtvsetup it still jumps straight to 50% and
hangs and the database is not populated.

This is a FC2 box built following Jarods guide (a godsend!!). Any ideas
on how to debug this further.

Peter