[mythtv-users] TIVO series 2 remote w/ mythtv, PVR-350 IR port

Michael Fenston fenston-myth at san.rr.com
Thu Oct 28 15:40:41 UTC 2004

John Kuhn wrote:

> what i did was, bought a remote with learning capability.  then i
> learned the pvr-350 grey remote into the new remote..
> works just fine.. and and didnt have to mess with any lirc conf ;-)
>
> Michael Fenston wrote:
>
>> Has anyone out there made a mythtv lircrc file that they like for the
>> TIVO peanut remote?  I have a Series 2 version that I want to use
>> with my mythbox's PVR-350 IR input.  IE: trying to ditch the grey
>> Hauppauge one as my Series 2 has a 1-2 switch so I can use 2 for the
>> mythbox and thus not need another remote.  Has anyone tried this with
>> success?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Mike
>>
>> Need:
>> ~/.mythtv/lircrc
>>
>> planning to use /etc/lircd.conf  from:
>> http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/tivo/TIVO_Series_2

I'm thinking about buying one of these and using the TIVO series 2
remote instead of the remote that comes with it.  I don't much like the
Hauppauge IR receiver either ... it seems you have to have the remote
angled just right to make it work vs other receivers where you can point
the remote up in the air and the receiver still picks it up.  Maybe this
is more a function of the remote though ... dunno.  Anyone out there
have success/failure with these units doing something similar or the
same to what I am trying to do?

WinAmp Multimedia PC Remote MP3 DIY Building Home HTPC
http://tekgems.com/Products/winamp-remote-control.htm

I found a lircrc for the TIVO series 2 remote that I can hack/reuse here:

http://home.comcast.net/~johnfdeluca/lircrc.txt
<http://home.comcast.net/%7Ejohnfdeluca/lircrc.txt>

Thanks,

-Mike