[mythtv-users] Can Myth Store DVD's?

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 14:09:47 UTC 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:06:52 +1000, Chris Brodie
<chris.brodie at macquarie.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure where to look in the doco for this but I was wondering if I
> have the ability to store my small DVD collection in my HTPC? I only
> have perhaps 10-15 disks, mostly weird stuff like mountain biking so I'm
> unlikely to be able to get the stuff in to my box in any other way.
>
> If not, can I encode them manually on my desktop them just move them in
> later once I have the system setup? If so what's a good method for
> converting them?
>
> I'm happy to be pointed of at a faq somewhere if this is overly basic...
> I spent 3 hours last night trying to encode the disk; I had missing
> audit in on utility another though 16 gig wasn't enough temp space to
> encode my 50 minute DVD.

You should be able to do everything that you want to do, and you
should be able to do it all directly from Myth.

See this page in the Myth docs for MythDVD:
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-18.html

I haven't used it, but my understanding is that you can put you DVD in
your Myth box's DVD drive, browse to the DVD section in the Myth
frontend, and select "Rip DVD" or something like that.

See also this section in Jarod's Myth guide:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#addons

Hope that helps,
Lane
--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003