[mythtv-users] Mythweb security

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Wed Oct 27 23:01:55 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 06:49 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> yeah, that's acceptable.  And just code mythweb to allow everything if
> no username is found.  (or set a flag, etc).

I think that would work... cause if you want no security at all (as in not
setting any auth at all) you probably don't care about it inside the app.
The only reason to check for nothing would be to enforce the user sets some
sort of security - but thats not the plan.

Also, there is what the setting would be for an unknown user (as in not
defined) but authenticated.  Perhaps they can be mixed...

I got an idea on this, but want to work it out before shooting my mouth off :)

--

Bill Chmura
Director of Internet Technology

p: 888.560.YWEB (9932)