[mythtv-users] uk dvb hardware - WinTV-Nova-t PCI

Luke Corkill luke at thecorkills.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 21:09:15 UTC 2004

I'm looking at building a mythtv setup in the UK, based on a Freeview / DVB
PCI receiver.

I've read quite a few reports of people building systems based on the WinTV
nova based cards.  I've seen various Happague Freeview cards for sale - does
anyone have experience of the one sold by ebuyer in the UK?  They describe
it as "Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-t PCI Freeview Receiver for 38 Plus Channels in
DVD Quality DVB Radio / Remote control"

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.htmlrb=2649306720&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=27669 .

It's only £53 + VAT, which is significantly cheaper than many of the over
Freeview cards I've seen...

Thanks,

Luke.