[mythtv-users] lirc on Fedora Core 2 & pvr-350 failed

Matthew Conway wr0ngers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:08:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:40:54 -0700, DCL <dcl63 at hotpop.com> wrote:
> alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
> # ivtv modules setup
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
> alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
> install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb
> install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
> lirc_i2c

I had the same problem.  I noticed that if I modprobed the alias
(char-major-61), it would load lirc_dev, and NOT lirc_i2c.  Maybe they
changed device numbers?
What I ended up doing is forcing load of lirc_i2c on load of lirc_dev
- its still a hack, but at least its a one file hack =)

alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
install lirc_dev /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_dev;
/sbin/modprobe lirc_i2c
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install lirc_i2c

--

Matthew Conway
w r 0 n g e r s  a t  g m a i l  d o t  c o m