[mythtv-users] Help: Disk setup for multiple backends.

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Wed Oct 27 15:10:55 UTC 2004

>Should the slave-backend save his files locally and the
>master will be able to stream them or should the slave save his files
>to a mounted disk from the master?

Personally, my masterbackend hosts all the storage.  This way, even if
the slave backend isn't running you can still watch the program.
There's a setting called "Masterbackend Override" that will have the
master backend stream the file if the slave backend isn't available.

>Next logical question would be samba or nfs?

Definately nfs - make sure you use version 3.  The HOWTO has a section
on this.  People have run into issues with SMB and files that exceed 2 GB.