[mythtv-users] FW: Unichrome - Epia - De-flicker - Color OSD etc

Steve Hayles (diverse) steve at diverseyachts.com
Wed Oct 27 11:19:35 UTC 2004

I am a very inexperienced linux and C user so please forgive the 'dumb'
questions

I have been building my myth box and set-up for a while and it never ceases
to amaze me what a great project this is.

I am running an Epia M1000 with a DVB-t nova card and the system is working
extremely well.  My one nagging problem has been improving the video quality
as much as possible.

I am very keen to remove the VT1622 tv chips deflicker filter.  I have
compiled XFree and the CVS unichrome drivers and everything works extremely
well.  I am using only 20-25% cpu with the system running as the front and
backend.  I see that Terry Barnaby has put into CVS a deflicker mod in the
recent CVS, but I can't quite work out wether that means that the deflicker
filter is turned off.

There is some logic in via_mode.c which appears to turn the filter on or off
based on reading another register ???

How can I be sure that the flicker filter is turned off ?

I have also tried to apply the color OSD patch, but I get lots of rejects,
and the patch fails to apply cleanly.  I am guessing that this is just that
the CVS tree has change a little in recent days since the EPIA osd patch ?

Is there any easy way around this, or should I go back to CVS at the time
the EPIA OSD patch was issued ?

Thanks to anyone who can help

Steve Hayles