[mythtv-users] Collaborative recommended viewing revisited...

Bill Chmura Bill at Explosivo.com
Wed Oct 27 07:20:42 UTC 2004

I missed the first round of this, but what exactly is the benefit of this?
For example, if my mythbox uploaded data it would be an compilation of my
stuff, my gf's stuff and my 5 year old daughters stuff.

So at best you could say that people who like star trek also like monk and the
wiggles.  Maybe with profiles or something that you could get down to a
specific person making a recording on that box or something you could get
some good data.  Also there is a while region thing (US, Autralia, etc)

I would also hazard a guess that star trek will be high up on the list : )

From what I read, the assumption is that a mythbox is only handled by one user
and not a "family".

Hey, I could be missing something though... sorry to jump in so late, it just
sounds like its going to be a statistical waste.