[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV-Out, Black Box on top of TV output

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 06:59:22 UTC 2004

I've seen this same problem reported twice earlier
this year on the mailing list, with no solution
presented.

Change the GUI size and position in (IIRC) Setup->TV
Settings->Appearance.  It doesn't have to be the full
size of the screen, just make sure that these values
aren't 0.

Start watching Live TV.  After about 30 seconds, a big
black box the size of the GUI settings you have
entered pops up.  Sometimes if you do an OSD function
(i.e. ESD or Info), it will go away, sometimes not.
Another way of triggering this is to go into the EPG
and just hit Escape.

Is this a bug in the ivtv driver, the ivtvdev driver
or MythTV?  I've tried ivtv 0.10 (from ATrpms stable),
as well as ivtv 0.2.0 (from ATrpms testing), and
MythTV 0.16 (from ATrpms), MythTV 0.16 (built from
source), and MythTV CVS from tonight (build from
source).  I'm using Blackbox as my window manager,
since the KDE window manager doesn't support changing
the GUI offset, only the size.

Has anybody else seen this and solved it?

-- Joe