[mythtv-users] External channel change bug on 0.16

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Tue Oct 26 23:08:22 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 23:49, Colin Bell wrote:
> Hi all

> I have also tried putting the command into a shell script and calling
> that instead,
> "/usr/local/bin/channel_change.csh"
>
> #!/bin/csh
> echo "Changing to channel $1"
> /usr/local/bin/red_eye $1
>
> but nothing happens there either (the script works if I access it from
> the command line) plus I don't see the "Changing to channel X" being
> produced either in the logs or the console.

Well that can't really happen; that echo statement comes before the suspected
command so at least that echo *must* work!  So I'd have to assume either your
csh is broken, or something in your mandrake.  Does a shellscript with only
that echo statement work at all ?  And why use csh anyway, I thought that
shell was ehm... deprecated ?  What does bash do ?

> I can only assume this is a bug unless anyone can tell me otherwise.

Correct.  But from what you write, the bug you have is not in mythtv.

Maarten