[mythtv-users] mythdvd playing and ripping problem in 0.16

and anders at smiths.dk
Tue Oct 26 21:25:01 UTC 2004

When I launch mythdvd to rip a dvd everything looks fine and I have the
progress window etc, but nothing comes out of the rip except the
following comments in mtb.log:

14:48:38: launching job: job dvd 1 1 0 0 -1 /mnt/store/BEDKNOBS
14:48:38: job thread beginning to rip dvd title
15:04:18: Error: DVDPerfectThread read failed for 137 blocks at 2329788
15:04:21: job failed: job dvd 1 1 0 0 -1 /mnt/store/BEDKNOBS

When I try to play a dvd the menu flashes but nothing else happens...

I'm using an xbox as a frontend where I'm also trying to play the dvd.
When I try with xboxmediacenter or M$palyer it works fine so I assume
it must be mythDVD the I haven't configured correctly. Everything on
frontend is from the latest xbox-myth-0.4 install (0.16) and running on
xebian while the backend is an fc2-atrpms-wilsonet.com install.

What is up... any suggestions as to how I can make it work?

thanks
anders