[mythtv-users] Questions about IVTV / Avermedia M179

Ben Holt beanjammin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 18:27:26 UTC 2004

> I recently upgraded to the latest firmware, but right after that my
> power supply died, so until I get a new one I won't know if the newer
> firmware fixed the problem :-(

I upgraded my firmware and ivtv (ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck115i) a couple
weeks ago.  The picture apears to be sharper, but panning images are
even jerkier than before, especially at high contrast areas of the
picture.  This is especially noticeable when watching sports such as
hockey and tennis (especially the lines on the ice/court).

I believe the picture quality still degrades over time.  I notice this
more on the lower numbered channels.  I haven't tried ivtv-0.20-rc2
yet.

- Ben

--
A: Because it destroys the flow of conversation.