[mythtv-users] no sound in mythtv (partly solved)

daryl faulds nannyseeker2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 14:51:12 UTC 2004

--- "J. Zachmann" <zander at wolke7.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> >> I have the same problem. The below listed command
> lets appear the sound
> >> but it is delayed. Do you have the same problem?
> And may it be that
> >> mythtv
> >> isn't able to use vfl2? I think this is the
> problem we have. Or does
> >> anybody have a better description?
> >>
> > You have to configure te mixer.
> >
> > I am using kmix and i had to mute the aux and
> unmute te capture
> > in the input settings.
>
> I tried these settings but this was not sucessfull.
> BTW, must therefore
> the soundcard be full duplex? And if so, how can I
> test if my soundcard is
> fullduplex?
>
> Greetings
> Zache
I began having the same delayed sound problem after a
FC2 dist-upgrade performed on October 25. Here's what
I get in the error note (read between the ======):

**** Your system is too SLOW to play this!

Possible reasons, problems, workarounds:
- Most common: broken/buggy _audio_ driver
  - Try -ao sdl or use ALSA 0.5 or the OSS emulation
of ALSA 0.9.
  - Experiment with different values for -autosync, 30
is a good start.
- Slow video output
  - Try a different -vo driver (-vo help for a list)
or try -framedrop!
- Slow CPU
  - Don't try to play a big DVD/DivX on a slow CPU!
Try -hardframedrop.
- Broken file
  - Try various combinations of -nobps -ni -forceidx
-mc 0.
- Slow media (NFS/SMB mounts, DVD, VCD etc)
  - Try -cache 8192.
- Are you using -cache to play a non-interleaved AVI
file?
  - Try -nocache.
Read DOCS/HTML/en/devices.html for tuning/speedup
tips.
If none of this helps you, read
DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html.

A:   7.4 V:   7.4 A-V: -0.033 ct:  0.701  215/215  59%
40%  4.1% 172 0 0%
Successfully enabled DPMS

Exiting... (End of file)
Note the system is not too slow to play the file
because it could play such files easily (5% cpu)
before the dist-upgrade. File plays with audio, just
the audio is delayed. Autosync did not help.
Hardframedrop gives a segmentation fault.

Any ideas?