[mythtv-users] Xine - Green Screen on Playback

Brian Donaldson brian.donaldson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 01:10:17 UTC 2004

I had been using Xine for my video and DVD player under MythTV on my
MythTV 0.15 box.  I just recently reloaded the computer with Fedora
Core 2 and MythTV 0.16.  I have almost everything working again, but
I'm noticing a strange behavior in Xine.  On some Divx encoded files
(not all of them though) it will show a green screen instead of the
movie, but you can still hear the audio.  Based on the audio it also
sounds like it's skipping to the end of the movie when I try to play
it.  As I mentioned this isn't the case with all DivX files just a few
that don't have any distinctive characteristics.  It also appears to
work fine with Xvid encoded files and MPEGs.  Has anyone else ran into
this problem?

Fedora Core 2
MythTV 0.16
Xine v0.99.2