[mythtv-users] Cle266 unichrome, CVS + inverted colour

Matt Collins matt at clues.com
Mon Oct 25 23:20:53 UTC 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 12:18:04PM +0100, Matt Collins wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 11:54:31AM +0200, Steven wrote:
> > You have to enable both XVMC and XVMC VLD to enable the unichrome mpeg
> > decoder.
>
> Hm, I did try that too - I also tried with 'Xv picture controls' both
> on and off, but I'll fiddle some more when I get home, thanks for the
> suggestions ;)
>
> > What you are seeing is probably Xv out with hue setting that is off.
>
> That seems to be the consensus - I'm surprised, in that I haven't changed
> any of the channel 'default' Xv settings, but I guess the proof is in the
> pudding - I'll try tonight ;)
>
> Out of interest, should playback filters work? If I wasnt using
> hardware scaling I would have expected inverse to reverse the video
> but it didn't have any (visible) impact.

Poor taste to follow up to ones own posts, I know - the Xv picture controls
appear to have no impact whatsoever on XVMC accelerated playback via the CLE,
so I'm guessing thats not hte problem. I'll take a poke at Unichrome I guess -
myth seems ok playing back using X11 rather than XVMC so perhaps its a driver
issue.

Matt