[mythtv-users] Help: Disk setup for multiple backends.

David Won daveshome at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 18:11:29 UTC 2004

Question for the Gurus.....
Long time Myth user here and once again "Great work people"!!

I currently have a Master Backend/Frontend running with a bttv card
and an ivtv card and they are both working great. I finally got my TV
Tuner working on my old system witch has a Matrox G400-TV card. I
compiled myth on that box but am unsure on the storage with multiple
backends. Should the slave-backend save his files locally and the
master will be able to stream them or should the slave save his files
to a mounted disk from the master? Next logical question would be
samba or nfs? I searched through the messages and docs but couldn't
find anything about storage with multiple backends.

Please throw some wisdom this way.

Thanks