[mythtv-users] mythbackend won't start on PVR-350 after FC1->FC2 and myth-0.15->myth-0.16 upgrade

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Mon Oct 25 15:03:05 UTC 2004

Michael Carter <michaeljcarter at yahoo.com> writes:

> [root at goldings root]# /usr/bin/mythbackend
> 2004-10-25 08:44:21 Upgrading to schema version 1051
> DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
> Query was:
> ALTER TABLE recorded ADD COLUMN lastmodified TIMESTAMP NOT NULL;
> Driver error was [2/1060]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> Database error was:
> Duplicate column name 'lastmodified'
>
> Any ideas?

This happened to me once.  It means that the upgrade was half-finished
when it aborted, and there's no code in there to recover from
partially-completed schema upgrades.

I solved the problem by doing the upgrade manually: I forget where it
is in the code, but you can find it by grepping for the SQL above.

Cheers,
Kyle