[mythtv-users] (no subject)

listman listman at depfyffer.com
Mon Oct 25 05:22:35 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 22:08, Chris Brodie wrote:
> First post here...

> -Leadtek Winfast 2000XP. Leadtek site says it does encoding in a
> roundabout way. This card was exceeding cheap so I REALLY want to make
> sure it does hardware encoding before I continue.
>

> Many thanks,
>
> Chris
Sorry Chris, I have the winfast deluxe and no it does not do hardware
encoding. It is a pretty good card for me but I would go for the PVR
250. I think you can get it from pcalcamy.com (someone posted that
earlier I don't know if that is correct) and it also showed up in
compusa's ad today for $79 with rebates, note this is MCE oem, different
card but still works.
Do your self a favor and spend the money on a PVR250 or 350 I wish I did
since I'm starting to make DVD's
HTH