[mythtv-users] Re: Making DVDs menus with chapters

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Oct 25 01:32:35 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 08:07:57PM -0400, William wrote:

> > - Take a single MPEG 2 recording captured from my PVR-250
> > - Make a DVD of this recording that includes a menu where I
> > can access chapters from a menu
> >
> > I've successfully used DVDStyler to make DVDs with menus and
> > with chapters, but I can't figure out how to make a menu
> > where I can access the chapters from a menu. I can use the
> > chapter skip buttons, but I'd like to be able to access the
> > chapters from a menu.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> There are two programs that do what you seek. You might want
> to check them out for pointers on updating your script. They
> are nuv2disk and mythtvburn. A google will get you plenty.

You run mythtvburn from mythweb, and it has a pretty
easy-to-use UI. It allows you to save multiple shows to a DVD
with a menu that selects which show, and then chapters within
that show. One "nice to have" feature that's missing is that it
doesn't cut commercials.

I haven't tried the others, but I belive nuvexport _does_ cut
commercials.  It's a command-line program, and I don't know if
it does multiples shows per DVD with title menus.

--
Grant