[mythtv-users] AC3 passthrough still doesn't work.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Oct 24 22:27:05 UTC 2004

Dave K. Packham wrote:

>Is it possible to have ALSA output the AC3 stream to the spdif AND
>decode it to a stereo analog stream at the same time?    So if you have
>DVD's ripped with AC3 you can watch them with your TV OR AC3 Stereo?
>Just so you have a choice to turn on the Big Dolby Digital AMP or just
>listen thru the TV speakers?

As I understand you can do this with ALSA using one of their plug-ins
that will copy the stream from one device to another and I would think
you could apply all the necessary filters, etc. to it also.  I'm not an
expert on ALSA .asoundrc files so you might have to dig through their
documentation to find it.

Kevin