[mythtv-users] PVR-250 won't select inputs correctly

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 24 04:58:03 UTC 2004

mark wrote:

>On Sunday 24 October 2004 12:13 am, mark wrote:
>

>>Am I right in assuming that it's an IVTV problem when Myth won't properly
>>select the right input?

Or a configuration problem...  ;)

>>when I run
>>
>>ivtvctl /dev/video -p 5
>>
>>it selects the composite input fine.
>>
>>And then myth will work correctly.
>>
>>However, if I go into LiveTv, and then hit C, it doesn't do anything.
>>
>>I have it set to Composite0 > source
>>and Tuner > Television
>>in setup.
>>
>>Any ideas?  I'm running the latest IVTV CK drivers.
>>

>Made some progress.  Is it normal for the composite input on a 975 model to
>use Composite 4 in myth?

Yes, it's normal.  As a matter of fact, if you do an "ivtvctl -a",
you'll see a listing of the inputs, including:

        Input   : 5
        Name    : Composite 4
        Type    : 0x00000002
        Audioset: 0x00000003
        Tuner   : 0x00000000
        Standard: 0x00000000007F3FFF ( PAL NTSC SECAM )
        Status  : 0

Which shows that when you specify "ivtvctl /dev/video -p 5", you're
selecting Composite 4.

>It's the only way I can get it to work.  I can't
>get it to do anything on Composites 0 - 3.  what determines what input of the
>5 of each Svideo and Composite gets used?

??? Hauppauge, perhaps?

Mike