[mythtv-users] Infrared controllers

Tony Engeham tony at metanate.com
Sat Oct 23 17:17:48 UTC 2004

I've got a Hauppauge 350 card with infrared receiver, but I also wanted
to control a Cable box with infrared receiver so I put some hardware
together to transmit infrared by waggling DTR on the serial port.
Having had a cursory look at lirc it doesn't appear to support receiving
and transmitting using different hardware.  This means that I'm now left
with 3 options:
1) Build a serial receiver
2) Fix LIRC to allow transmit and receive on different bits of hardware
3) Write my own transmitter

I can't believe I'm the only one to have attempted to do this.  How does
everyone else implement the reception of a remote control and
transmission to a cable box?

Thanks for any advice,

Tony