[mythtv-users] PVR-250 question

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Sat Oct 23 11:05:14 UTC 2004

Hi There,

I am using a Hauppage PVR-250 to do my recording.  During a recording,
there is almot no load, and CPU is fairly idle, so I am fairly sure that
the recording is being done by the PVR-250's hardware encoder.  However,
I notie that the recordings all have a '.nuv' extension, and the final
"product" is not playable in Windows Media Player, even if I change the
extension to '.mpg' or '.mpeg'.

Are the initial recordings done in MPEG format, then "transcoded" to NUV
format during commercial flagging, or is the PVR-250 somehow able to
record in NUV format?

Just curious!

Sincerely,

Alan Murrell