[mythtv-users] And Bone Head of the Week Award goes to...

Steve Frank steve.frank at bevcore.com
Fri Oct 22 15:58:25 UTC 2004

I had a similar one that went like this:

Wife lands channel on the weather channel and shuts the TV off.

My best friend comes by to visit, so I gotta show off the Mythtv box.
No audio in left channel.  I turn volume up/down, make sure the mixer is
set right, not quite right. So I figure a cable has come loose.  I'm
behind the TV pulling audio cables, swapping left and right channels and
working my way up to discover, after 10 minutes of my best friend not
totally convinced Myth is cool that...

The weather channel was broadcasting audio on only the left speaker
channel.

Yep, changed channels and it was "fixed" LOL.  Turns out my cable system
does that on a couple of stations for Some Dumb Reason (TM). Comcast....