[mythtv-users] Nova-t cards howto

Matt Lovett mattlovett at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 14:20:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:59:47 +0000, Ashley Bostock <abostock at gmail.com> wrote:
> I own 2 (old style) nova-t cards but unfortunately one of them died
> and I got a replacement.  The replacement I found out was a new
> version with different chipset, etc... So for anyone wanting to know
> how to setup a new nova-t or how to (like in my box) get both cards
> working together heres a quick howto (note: at the time of writing
> this the 2.6.9 kernel has been released but a patch is only available
> for the 2.6.9-rc4 version, later kernels probably wont require the
> patch):
... and lots more good info - thanks!

Was that setup enouugh for you to the the remote control working with
the new nova-t? I've just got a nova-t 909, and I haven't really tried
to get the remote working yet, but it didn't 'just work' like my old
saa7134 card... so any info you have would be appreciated!

Are there any particular messages I should be looking for as the cx88
driver starts up?

I'd post the messages I get, but the myth box is at home, and I'm at work :(

Thanks,

Matt