[mythtv-users] Help with nfs and iso mounting

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Oct 22 13:09:37 UTC 2004

I've got mythtv running, so I thought I'd get the kid's DVDs going
before I moved on.  There are two machines involved, one with all my DVD
ISO images on it (bigserver), and the other where Myth is running
(mythtvmbe).  I've exported the file system that I want to mount from
bigserver and I'm able to mount the file system on mthtvmbe.  When I try
to mount an ISO from big server on mythtvmbe, I get a permission denied.
 The permissions on the file system (it's /video on bigserver) are 755
from the root drive all the way down.

I'm running FC2 on both boxes.  I plan to set up bigserver as a myth
slave backend eventually, but since I don't have any tuner cards for it
yet, I thought I would just mount the file system from the master
backend.   Am I not setting something up correctly?  I just want the
partition to be read and execute, because I don't want any chance of the
ISO's getting screwed up by accident - like deleting them or something.

I know this isn't specifically a MythTV issue, but if I can get this
working, I'll be playing them through myth using one of the many
suggestions of going through xine or ogle or something similar.

Thanks for any help,
Paul