[mythtv-users] Multiple transcoders for different quality profiles.

Matthew Schumacher schu at schu.net
Thu Oct 21 16:52:18 UTC 2004

I have seen this question asked before on the list in the archives, but
I haven't seen a good response or workaround.

The problem is that trascoding recordings largely negates the point of
having several quality profiles because you are forced to pick a single
bitrate for all transcoded profiles.

I (and most other PVR-250 users) would like to have the ability to
record in a single high bitrate profile then trascode that video to one
of many trascoding profiles with varying bitrates.

Is this something that anyone is working on or is there a workaround I'm
not aware of?

Thanks,

schu