[mythtv-users] Which remote control are you using?

Jason Slaughter jason at slaughter.com
Thu Oct 21 16:22:14 UTC 2004

I'm looking for a remote control to use with MythTV, but I'm not having
much luck. I've searched various sites, including the MythTV hardware
database, but most people seem to gloss over what kind of remote they're
using.

I have the remote that came with my ASUS TV/FM card, but unfortunately
it shows up to Linux as a keyboard, and the keyboard mappings (which
aren't just simple mappings--they include meta keys) cannot be
re-mapped. It's also not the greatest remote to begin with.

So what remote are you using with MythTV? Are you using something that
came with a TV Tuner card, or one that can be purchased separately?
Which commercially-available remotes work well with lirc?