[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: Philips TV power-on code

Ryan A. Carris racarris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 14:20:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 00:56:59 +0200, Ben Buxton <mythtv at ml.cactii.net> wrote:

(snip)
> Does anyone know how a Philips TV can be turned on and straight to the
> AV input without first tuning a 'normal' channel? I have a 32PW8206.

I use a Radio Shack 15-2166 programable remote control (there are
similar models by One For All).  It has the ability to do macros. Two
macros I have set on mine are:

press shift-tv, and it powers on the tv, set the tv input to s-video,
and then tunes the receiver to my mythbox on VCR-2.
or
press shift-dvd, and it powers on the tv, sets the tv input to
component, and then tunes the receiver to my dvd player. - increased
the WAF greatly.

There are amazing things that you can do with newer universial
remotes.  Check them out at the link someone else posted.  If you're
really adventurous, you might want to check out:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/index.shtml  .  They'll show you how to
plug a cable into your remote and totally reprogram it.  I have my
remote programmed to emulate the commands from my wireless keyboard,
so I don't have to use lirc, just the ps2 wireless keyboard ir sensor.