[mythtv-users]WAF question: dealing with crashes

Lachlan McIntosh lachlan at directions.com.au
Thu Oct 21 08:03:49 UTC 2004

>It _is_ however, 'par for the course' for people to bitch about a
>problem and not provide any useful information to help in debugging it.

So is there a procedure so I can find out what has happened when Myth
Crashes and report it?

I've had 5-6 crashes per week since I installed MythTv (not bitching
yet...)
But my Linux experience is limited

(read: I'm a windows expert and I only installed Linux so I can run
Myth)

When a crash has occurred, I've looked through the log files
(in /var/log, is this where I should look???) but I've not really every
come
across information that looks useful when Myth Frontend or Myth Backend
abends.....

When the front end crashes it usually just dumps me out to X and it's
either F1-R or
Reboot to get it all back.

I'm a professional software developer so I would be more than happy to
report the reason
For crashes -- if I know how to do so in a useful manner....