[mythtv-users] Re: X runs at 90-95%CPU

Alan Anderson andersonas at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 20 22:49:22 UTC 2004

The chaintech appeared to be popular which is one reason I choose it.  Its
possible the memory was part of the problem and I could have cooked
something  It got real toasty with the fans running slow.  Im going through
the mail order tech support trouble shooting process.  I found the bad
memory a new one is being shipped.  Once that arrives I'll test with a
spare disk then try it on a mandrake 10 system.  It is still fails im gonna
lean on then for a new (uncooked) mother board, they deny connecting the
fans to the wrong power supply.

Fedora Core 1
Kernel 2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_52.rhfc1.atcustom   Tuner patches to support
newer pvr-250MCE tuner type.
ivtv 0.19 same tuner patches and cardtype patches
No apic in the kernel.

The memory problem was found after I swapped the motherboard.  I did have
issues wth the chaintech running Mythtv a 2700+ cpu and DDR333 memory
underclocked FSB 100MHZ.  Even tried the on-board nvidia graphics (which
cannot be used with a 3200+ cpu).  The same cpu and memory running in the
KT400 MB

Since mythtv is ok with the kt400 and the wife approval factor has gone up.
  a notch or two in the past few weeks I'll leave it alone at least for a
while.

If your the Jarod that wrote the install guide then thanks abunch couldnt
have done this with out that guide.

--
Alan Anderson
andersonas at adelphia.net
Linux is user friendly.
Its just real picky about who its friends are.