[mythtv-users] OT: Nvidia FX 5200 no TV out (or twin view)

Ryszard ryszard99 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 19:52:39 UTC 2004

Hi,

I realise this is not directly on topic, however after hours of
googling i've turned up nothing.  i've  got debian box with a geforce
fx 5200 in it and I'm interested in getting twin view working, or at
the very least TV-OUT.

At the moment i'm attempting twinview, but what happens is i see the
nvidia logo on both the monitor and the tv, afterwhich the x server
crashes and i get the console (on both the TV and the monitor).

i'm running 2.4.27, and have downloaded the latest nvidia drivers
(1.0-6111) and compiled them against the kernel.

I've intentionally not posed my XFree86-4 config file in the case it
is in appropriate (as this is OT).

Any pointers, help etc appreciated.

regs,
Jason