[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase for people outside the zone for the internal grabber

Jeff C myth at express.tc
Wed Oct 20 19:22:37 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I'm wondering if someone can help me.  I currently live in the Caribbean and
I've cobbled together (via five different sets of listings, and then an hour
of hand mapping channels and downloading icons) a complete guide grabber and
icon/channel map for my area.  At home I run Myth .14 with it and it works
great.

I am building up a new machine for someone and to my horror I've discovered
I can't import from a file with .16 any more.

When I run:

$ mythfilldatabase --file 1 0 Listings.xml

It thinks for a while then says:

Don't use tv_grab_na_dd, use the internal datadirect grabber.

Well, I'd love to use the internal grabbed but my cableco isn't supported,
thus all the other work I've done.  Is there a flag I can set to over ride
this and read my listings from a file as I've always done?  I hope someone
can help.

PS - I did search gossamer and read the related postings but I didn't find
anyone in quite the same boat as me.

Thanks.

-Jeff