[mythtv-users] kernel NULL pointer

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Wed Oct 20 20:15:34 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 20 Oct 2004 17:23, Paul Andreassen wrote:
> Hi,
>  <6>note: mythfrontend[3320] exited with preempt_count 2
>
> This seems to indicate a problem with the via_driver.
>
> I'm using Debian / Sid with:
>
> mythtv 0.16 from
> http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/debian/dists/unstable/mythtv/
> I've recompiled it twice.  Doesn't matter if libddmpeg is enabled or
> not.  Doesn't matter if opengl_vsync is enabled or not.
>
> mythtv 0.15 did play video.  (can't test because no longer have)

Looks like you're using a mythtv using the old ddmpeg library.
If you're using the latest unichrome drivers you'll need to use mythcvs.

And you'll need the unichrome libXvMC library installed also.

> mplayer will play video.

I assume you're using mplayer with no hardware acceleration.

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge