[mythtv-users] "Unable to initialize VIA CLE266 HW Driver"

Joby Walker zorloc at imperium.org
Wed Oct 20 18:13:41 UTC 2004

Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> Joby Walker wrote:
>
>> Mike Wood wrote:

>>> Did you compile MythTV with the hardware decoding (CLE266) enabled?
>>>
>> Yes
>>
> So what version of the via drivers are you using. What version of X are
> you using. Are you running mythfront as root. etc. etc.
> Do you get any other errors in your logfiles.

I'm using the XFree-unichrome-4.4.0-r16 ebuild from Epia.kalf.org.
Looks like libviaXvMC is 0.9.1.  Yikes -- that looks like a starting
point looks like the Unichrome project is up to 0.13.0.

Yes I was running mythfront as root.

In /var/log/messages:
Oct 19 18:12:45 alpha atkbd.c: Spurious ACK on isa0060/serio0. Some
program, like XFree86, might be trying access hardware directly.

The XFree86.0.log looks fine to me (not that I really know what to look
for).  The XvMC library is initialized successfully.

Mythtv 0.16 straight from the gentoo ebuild.