[mythtv-users] Question before I buy a PVR350 or 250

Kevin dePfyffer listman at depfyffer.com
Wed Oct 20 17:57:58 UTC 2004

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 08:45:48AM -0700dependenciesyffer wrote:
>> Since I'm recording a lot more shows now and know I can spit out working
>> DVD's I would like to remove the 5 hour encoding time for a 30min
>> cartoon.
>> (currently using TV Wonder VE card)
>> Do I have to use nuvexport (DVD) on a show recorded with the PVR 350
>> before I put it on a dvd? What about the 250? Are there any other cards
>> out there that will allow me to create a playable dvd that will work on
>> standard dvd player without encoding?
>
> I discovered this today:
>
> http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1695
>
> Probably what you're looking for. I'm trying it at the moment - it took
> quite a bit of hacking about of paths to get it working. If you're lucky
> enough to be using the same paths as the guy who ran it you'll be fine
> though
>
> --
> Ed.
>
> Life is like an analogy
Yes I've seen that and one other (to many dependancies) I don't need an
easy way to create/burn a dvd, I like using dvdstyler. I simply want to
drag and drop the video into dvdstyler without encoding the video
(nuvexport - dvd )
I have a generic xml file I can use for every dvd  then I just edit my
titles.
If my recording are at 720x576 Is that possible?
Thanks again.