[mythtv-users] mythtv newcomer.. need help setting up live tv

Evan Burrows eburrows at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 17:05:00 UTC 2004

One other thing on the point that i just made.  If the tv tuner on the
pvr-350 can't handle digital cable then if i used the suggestion
offered before to put the splitter on the output of my cable box
wouldn't that mean that out of that splitter if one cable went to my
tv and another went to my myth box that they would be forced to watch
the same channel since it would be user the tuner in the cable box?
So if the tuner in the pcr-350 only handles analog that would mean
that i would have to go out and buy another tuner card so i could
watch and record tv at the same time?

Also the main selling point of the pvr-350 is its tv out, but in order
to use this you would have to be using the tv tuner in the pvr-350
(which is looking like i won't be able to), so essentially since i
can't use digital cable on the pvr-350 tuner then i spent the extra
money when i should have just gotten a pvr-250.

Also say that i connect my coax cable from the cable box to my tv (and
don't run one to my myth box) that would mean that I would be able to
record shows because i can set that svideo connection as my cable
input but that would mean that i would not have the mythtv interface
on my tv unless I connected my graphics card to my tv since nothing
would be running on the pvr-350 tv out.

I am making this harder than it needs to be because i am really
starting to confuse myself