[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend High CPU Usage

Dana Hata estespark at 141.com
Wed Oct 20 00:06:57 UTC 2004

Mythtv ver.: 0.16

OK, I've discovered my stuttering (In Live TV and Watch Recordings) is
caused by very high CPU usage- it's essentially at 100%, and I've got a
1.8 Ghz P4.  xvinfo seems to indicate XVideo is functioning normally.
DMA is enabled on all hard drives.  I've searched the mailing list but
haven't found anything definitive to address my specific problem.  What
could be causing such high CPU usage?  Is there anything I can do to get
CPU usage down?

Dana